Grim Quest tries to blend tabletop RPG vibes, familiar dungeon crawling and roguelike mechanics, and a classic turn-based combat system into an accessible and entertaining package. Because of its attention to written storytelling, detailed worldbuilding and abundance of lore, Grim Quest can be similar to a solo Dungeons and Dragons campaign, or even a choose your own adventure book.
Grim Quest is a single player game and can be played offline. It has no lootboxes, energy bars, overpriced cosmetics, content locked behind endless microtransactions, or other modern monetization schemes. Just a one-time purchase for the full game, and completely optional goodies for those who wish to support the game and its development.
*** FEATURES ***
- immerse in a unique dark fantasy world with its own history and lore
- defeat enemies and fight boss battles in a classic turn-based combat system
- manage your character's sanity or suffer unexpected consequences
- customize your character with 25 unique spells and 20 active & passive skills
- select one of 27 character backgrounds that each affect gameplay in a different way
- experience the game world through a variety of interactive, text-based events
- acquire weapons, accessories, consumable items and crafting ingredients
- complete quests, collect bounties and find 60 pieces of scattered lore
- manage defenses of a besieged city, endure raids and other calamities
- relax or add suspense with 4 difficulty levels, optional permadeath and other adjustable settings
* Try the first chapter of the game for free before deciding to unlock all content with a one-time purchase. No ads, no additional content locked behind IAPs, no nagging microtransactions.
** First entry in the Grim Saga, followed by Grim Tides - Old School RPG